Saturday, January 30, 2010

Visiting the Dorrances

Last weekend we went to visit our good friends Heather and Paul in San Antonio. Paul is in the Air Force and is doing a 4 month training course in Texas before they are stationed in Columbus, Mississippi for the next 4 years. They welcomed us into their temporary apartment and gave us the grand tour of the San Antonio area. We weren't sure if the trip was even going to happen because earlier in the week Allie came down with a nasty cold and then the day before we were supposed to leave, their baby Caleb got a cold too. But Allie seemed like she was getting better, and since Caleb was already sick, we decided to make the trip down there. So despite having 2 sick kids, who ended up sharing their germs with Joe and I, we all had a great time catching up with old friends and even sampled some warm weather in January!!

We went to see the Alamo, walked along the River Walk, ate some yummy food, both at their house and out at some great restaurants, went to the natural bridge caverns, drove through a safari at the Wildlife Ranch, took the kids to a fun playground, and sat bewildered by the fact that we are now parents!!


1 comment:

Heather said...

We loved having you visit! Thanks for coming. Guess what. I'm sick now! I guess I'm late for everything. Your video looks great! I may have to use it on my blog too, if that's okay! I realize now that I didn't take many pictures.