Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Allie and Mommy go to Boston

Allie and I made the 2 plane journey from Denver to Boston via Milwaukee. Allie did well on the plane (as good as a 2 year old can do). Once we made it to Boston, Allie got re-acquainted with her Auntie Colleen, Papa (my uncle Arthur) and Nana (my aunt Joyce)at their house in Hingham, MA. We had yummy food prepared my Nana and Papa and some nice down time hanging out at their house before the weekend activities began. Speaking of food though, one of my favorite food groups is seafood, especially shellfish. I reserve eating these foods for when I am close to the source where they are caught, so... I only eat Lobster and clams when I am in Boston!! And my uncle Arthur came to the rescue with a delicious dinner of baked-stuffed lobster with steak and corn on the cob! Then another night we ordered out fried clam bellies, fish and chips, onion rings and fires. I was in seafood heaven :-)

My good friend Dawn, that I met in Atlanta, spends summers in Hingham with her husband and 2 year old son Jacob. It's such a great treat to be able to spend time with her and have Allie and Jake play together. We had a great kid centered weekend, watching the boats at the Quincy Shipyard, going to Edeville to see Thomas the Train and ride amusement rides and spending a full day at the Boston Children's Museum. Allie had a great time, and we both needed some down time at home to rest and recover from all the fun times! Thanks LeMay and Weaver families for showing us another great time in Boston!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! I need to call you soon to catch up.