Week 4 of Project Simplify is complete!! I got the whole family involved in this one :-) Allie helped me throw away food that had gone bad, Emma smiled, laughed and encouraged me while I was working, and Joe built a spice rack!! I was really glad that this was the area to tackle this week, mostly because our cabinets and drawers needed to be organized and pared down. We really don't need 15 knives, 5 spatulas, 3 can openers, 5 wine openers and 3 mis-matched sets of silverware!! I took as much off our counter tops as possible and with the new space in our cabinets put some appliances, gadgets, and utensils in drawers. After 5 years in this house it was time to reorganize and clean out. We have a pretty good system going in our pantry and fridge, that just needed to be spruced up a bit. It is really amazing what cleaning out does for your desire to spend more time in the kitchen, cooking wholesome meals for your family :-) Enjoy the before and afters:
Fridge door Before
Fridge door After
Fridge Before (taken right after we got back from the grocery store)
Fridge After (Molly had to poke her head in!)




1 comment:
Very impressive! Great job, and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one whose fridge looks crammed like that!
Post a Comment